Foster Care Lending Closet
Organized and managed by community volunteers
Who We Are:
We are a community lending closet that exists to support foster, adoptive, and kinship placements in and around Douglas County. On average, ten children enter the foster care system every day in Colorado. Our goal is to encourage and support those families offering placements.
The closet provides gently used and new clothing and shoes for youth in care. Depending on what is on hand, we also try to assist with diapers, wipes, formula, small equipment, bedding, accessories, etc. Families who visit the closet can continue to use it as the children in their care grow.
How It Works:
- Email us with a request for the size and gender clothes you are requesting
- We will schedule an appointment for you to “shop” in the closet with a volunteer OR our volunteers will put together clothes for you to pick up
- For each request, we try to put together 7-10 days of clothes depending on our inventory
How to Donate:
- We accept new or gently used clothes sizes newborn – childrens 14-16.
- If you would like to make a donation or have questions about donating other items, please email us.
- Donations can be made Monday – Thursday at the Hope’s Promise office from 9:00 – 4:00.
How to Help:
- Ask for a list of our greatest needs or make a donation through our online registry
- Donate gift cards for Target or Walmart
in case we have empty bins
- Organize a drive for specific items
- Volunteer your time