Development and Communications Specialist
Hope’s Promise is looking for just the right person to add to our Castle Rock office staff team. This is a full time position.
The Development and Communications Specialist will identify priorities to broaden Hope’s Promise revenue sources and build lasting donor relationships while also managing the functions of the agency’s communications. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and works closely with the Director of Adoptions and Director of Orphan Care to plan, manage, and implement a comprehensive fundraising, development, and communications program that includes an annual fund, major gifts, foundation giving, corporate sponsorships, special events, public awareness campaigns, marketing, and messaging.
- A personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous experience in non-profit fundraising and development as well as communications, including proven success in soliciting and closing major gifts, working with Board members and volunteers, and managing a comprehensive communications strategy
- Strong organizational, written and verbal skills
- Strong commitment to adoption and orphan care
- Willingness to travel internationally as needed
- Develop and implement a comprehensive development program that achieves budget goals.
- Develop and implement a plan for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting gifts from individuals, foundations, corporations, and government entities.
- Establish and grow an individual major gifts program, foundation and corporate giving program, planned giving program, and workplace giving program.
- Direct an effective donor communications program that engages donors and increases donations, including written and phone solicitations, direct mail and email.
- In collaboration with the event committee, plan, manage, and execute annual fundraising and awareness events, including logistics and fundraising planning, as well as cultivating and soliciting sponsorships from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and other directors to identify funding priorities on an annual and long-term basis.
- Engage, motivate, and improve the capabilities of the Board of Directors in soliciting and securing funds.
- Conceptualize, manage, and execute annual public awareness campaigns, including message development for public service announcements (PSAs), managing design and development of all campaign materials and associated websites, and ensure proper tracking and reporting systems are in place to evaluate each campaign’s success.
- Oversee development of all print communications including the annual report, marketing collateral materials and electronic communications.
- Collaborate with staff to prepare and present public presentations and other supporting material as needed.
- Attend and participate in scheduled staff meetings and agency events
- Participate in regular supervision with the Executive Director
- Other duties, as assigned
- Team player
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy and internal motivation
This position is available immediately and the salary is $40,000 annually. Please email your resume and Statement of Faith to Beth at [email protected]